Monday 3 January 2011

Christmas Bounty

This crazy picture has my bike in there somewhere with some new notable additions. Regular subscribers to this blog (2 of you) will note new brakes, bottles and cages, plus front and rear derailleurs. All lovingly supplied by my wife and mums (in-law and the one who's put up with me since birth) for Christmas. It may have been a cop-out asking for these things for Christmas, but it sure has helped me out. A (nearly) complete drivetrain.

I also got some Dura-Ace bar end shifters from the wife but they're staying in the box until I do the final build.
   
Shimano XT Rear Shadow medium cage. I'm hoping I don't need the long cage because I couldn't find any evidence to suggest I'd need one on a tourer. It looks pretty sweet.

Awful picture of the XT front, but there it is.

Avid Single Digits. I went against the Shorty's in the end due to reviews of them not being as powerful as V-Brakes. I like my face. And teeth. Stopping when I want to is proven to help them stay nice.
So there you have it. The bottles are Camelbak so thanks Mrs Proud for spending the extra lolly on getting some lush bottles. And managed to squeeze the brake levers in on a sale before the VAT hike here in the UK. I'll get these tomorrow.

Wheels to follow this week I hope.


Nearly at the rideable stage folks. It's looking gorgeous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment